Hello, and welcome to my FAQ, which is more or less a messy library of ideas, suggestions, and answers. Links in bold are super-important, so why not check them out? We start off with i. the (short) list of books I have written (I’m working on many more!), followed by ii. books I recommend that are also free to read online, iii. books that you may find in libraries or book stores, iv. vegan resources, v. philosophical inquiry, followed by vii. links on literature, egalitarianism, and environmental concerns.
MY FREE E-BOOKS
- Through The Cave and Back Again: Modern Critique of Plato’s Allegory of The Cave, Bk.VII of The Republic
- Baby’s First Philosophical Crisis
- Bearable Parables: A Series of 6 Short Tales
- Vegan: The New Ethics of Eating [Revised Edition] by Erik Marcus
- Existentialism is a Humanism by Jean-Paul Sartre
- Down and Out in Paris and London by George Orwell
- Fathers and Sons by Turgenev
- A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway
- Twenty-Thousand Leagues Under The Sea by Jules Verne
- Robur the Conqueror by Jules Verne
- Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka
- Soycrates’ Collection of Beginner’s Philosophy
- We by Yevegny Zamyatin
- The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- The China Study by T. Colin Campbell
- White Noise by Don Delillo
- Philosophy Bites by David Edmonds and Nigel Warburton
- Paris in The Twentieth Century by Jules Verne
- The Emotional Lives of Animals: A Leading Scientist Explores Animal Joy, Sorrow, and Empathy - and Why They Matter by Marc Bekoff
- Why not eggs?
- Why not milk?
- Why not free range, humane animal products?
- Why not honey?
- Why not wool?
- So who can I talk to about veganism here?(tumblrvegans)
- A quick and easy guide to going healthy vegan, a deeper look at what sort of veggies you should be eating.
- The Idealism of No-Kill Shelters?
- If I eat the eggs that my chicken companions lay, can I still be vegan? It’s “okay” to eat the eggs, right?
- If animals can eat other animals, why shouldn’t humans?
- My views on the concept of “dairy = rape”.
- An argument against the core idea of animal testing?
- How veg*nism and the study of philosophy intertwine
- The Differences Between Civil and “Militant” Veganism.
- About Vegans against PETA?
- Is Vegan Pet Food (specifically cat food) Wrong?
- Boycott Veganism? No thank you! (How to form your argument so people will actually take it to heart)
- “100% vegan purity” does not exist, and why we shouldn’t let that stand in our way.
- "I can’t be vegan, I have condition x"
- "Vegans Don’t Care About People!"
- "But I just love my cheese too much! :3”
- "Don’t let [animal product] go to waste!"
- “Isn’t Veganism a religion?”
- But what if I treated my pigs like royalty?
- “But Lab grown meat!”
- The “Gillian Mckeith vs. Nigella Lawson” story and rebuttal
- “You Can’t Be Pro-Choice and Vegan!”
- Does “pure” altruism exist?
- Is it ethical to punish ignorance?
- What is the Hedonist Calculus? (Utilitarianism)
- Why is relativism “considered” wrong?
- How far ahead can Utilitarianism predict the good/utility?
- Can nihilists be empathetic?
- How do nihilists raise their children?
- Nietzsche’s view on women, Existentialism and Consequence.
- Casual philosophy vs. practical philosophy?
- A brief explanation of Hegel’s concept of “Mind”
- Why does Socrates talk about food?
- Why should I want to live as long as possible?
- Can God be a part of a Buddhist’s beliefs?
- What are some movies that relate, or are inspired by Plato’s Republic?
- Which Philosopher used the expression, “everything is water”?
- Does Socrates Indoctrinate or Educate?
- Tag: Philosophy
- Story for all book lovers to enjoy (to the point of immense heartbreaking feels)
- Why not Jane Austen?
- Who are some of the most overrated classical authors?
- Do you ever read poetry?
- Favourite Orwell Novel?
- Stumped on What To Read Next? Visit the Bookseer!
- Super Fast Recommendations: a book in 2 words.
- Tag: Books
- [My Egalitarian tagged posts]
- Egalitarianism vs. Feminism charts
- "You can’t bake a cake with pie ingredients"
- Race Issues and The Concept of “White Guilt”?
- Cultural Appropriation; Owning Your Own Body?
- Tag: environment
- Hemp! (is not marijuana and never will be, is not a reason you can source for legalizing marijuana [so please stop using it as one, there are other arguments you can use that actually make sense] but it can be clothes, food, and useful equipment)
- Do you have to be a nature lover to support environmentalism?
- Main Agricultural Environmental Concern (causing more than half environmental damage worldwide).